Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY Homemade Nail Polish

It's a dream of mine to start my own nail polish line. Since that is not going to happen anytime soon I can pretend. I took a clear $1 nail polish and added a few drops of various purple polishes that I own. Then I added 5 different purple glitters into it and voila! Easy homemade purple glitter topcoat nail polish.

The glitter polish would go nicely over any shade of purple but I chose a dark amethyst color. I applied two coats of my glitter topcoat over two coats of Sinful Let's Talk. This is another difficult color to photograph. It typically looks blue in photos but I've managed to get a pretty accurate shot of the color.






My homemade glitter topcoat in the bottle. Can you see the five different glitters I used?

I'm not going to give this a rating since it's obviously not available in stores, so therefore I cannot recommend it to you. I do however recommend you try to make your own nail polish!



1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I'll definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete